Forty years ago....sermons and Sunday schools and even seminars and conferences would often warn the church about false prophets. Christian bookstores were literally everywhere....and every one of them would have a section on the cults. John MacArthur had often over the decades preached sermons and written books on the cults and false prophets. Below are two sermons. My guess is that they are from about 1980. I have listened to them numerous times over the years....and I have put them in these posts on a number of occasions. Please consider this....you need messages like this sometimes in your Christian walk....and really you need them fairly regularly. Take the time to listen to both of these sermons. There is in one of them a lengthy section on the false prophet Jim Jones. You might find this difficult....but if I put it in your mind it will be there. Keep Trump in mind on the many descriptions of what a false prophet is. There is a graphic at the bottom of this post. This is what John MacArthur used for this two-part series on his website....(gty.org)....Beware of False Prophets....for many years....until his ministry switched to a different graphic. Maybe....I don't know....but maybe it was because this graphic might be a little too controversial.
