Monday, August 10, 2026

IS DONALD TRUMP THE ANTICHRIST?

"Preface: I purposely gave this post a provocative title to bring attention to what I consider a serious problem. Donald Trump's megalomania is obvious to anyone willing to look at how he acts. Combine this with an almost sadistic penchant to seek revenge on even the lowest person on the totem poll....and I have to wonder what he would do if he indeed did pull this election out....or even in the two remaining months if he lost? Yes the pandemic was judgment from God....but it is where the church is going that may be the more serious judgment. I have studied cults and biblical prophecy for nearing forty years....and history a lot longer than that....and I can now see in Donald Trump how a dictator actually takes over a nation....and it is frightening. I can actually see not only why but how Trump's army of believers are deceived."

               The above preface/paragraph....as well as the post below....are from October of 2020....during the pandemic and weeks before the November election. This was six years ago....and I wondered what Trump would do if he retained power. After now having witnessed what I was so concerned about....these 2020 comments may have been somewhat prescient....particularly the "two remaining months if he lost"....(remember January 6?)....but they nowhere near described what we have witnessed with our own eyes for not only the past 18 months of his second term....but the five and a half years of escalating authoritarian purges and beatdowns with a megalomania that alone should have driven every single solitary Christian to their knees for not fleeing from this man long ago.
                So do I think that Donald Trump will turn out to be the....Antichrist? Whoever the Antichrist will be....he will retain power for quite a while....miraculously retain power.....and that certainly has been Trump. He will build statues to himself....and exalt his name above everyone else on earth....and that surely is Trump....and he will make a covenant....and then blatantly break it....and that is what Trump is showing himself to be....not a promise keeper....but a covenant breaker. He may turn out to be the Antichrist....and he may not. What is most important is that evangelicals put him where he is! This is great delusion....and it is a falling away....as Trump is at least a false prophet who has prophesied to us for a decade now....peace and prosperity....and greatness beyond measure....a Golden Age....and American Age....and we bought it all....hook....line and sinker....because it is what we wanted more than the return of our Lord and Savior and King to a violent....fallen world....with evil technologies alone that should make all of us cry out....Marantha....Lord Jesus Come! Here is that post from October of 2020:

Is Donald Trump The Antichrist?

              It was nothing less than incredible to watch as Mikhail Gorbachev....the General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union....brought about the end of the cold war through reforms such as glasnost and perestroika....and then to see the Soviet Union itself collapse. I remember a speech that Gorbachev gave in Israel....as he was cheered as a hero and man of peace....this may have been 1992....when a dove alighted upon his shoulder....in Jerusalem!
              Then there was the 2008 Democrat convention stage in Denver's Mile high Stadium....(nickname)....that was shaped like....and resembled....the Pergamon Altar of Zeus....thought by many scholars to be the Throne of Satan....mentioned in Revelation 2:12. Google the two....'Pergamom Altar' and 'Obama 2008 acceptance speech'....to see for yourselves. Added to this was the giant statue of a white horse that rears up on top of the stadium.
              The Apostle John wrote in 1 John 2:18...."and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come." Opinion here of course....but an opinion held by many....the final antichrist is probably walking around today as an adult. There has been so much written on this. Some scholars are absolutely convinced that he will be of Middle-Eastern descent. I don't think that anyone can be absolutely sure.
              So what about Donald Trump? I bring these examples up....and this post title....primarily to get your attention. I think that maybe it worked....but there are a couple of nagging concerns that I have about him. One would be that after seventy-plus books (115 now) on every aspect of his life....and every part of his life.....what comes out most of all about him.....is that he is totally vacant on any real ideological beliefs....with no evidence of a conscience whatsoever....the emptiest man that I have ever seen in American political life. Whether it is abortion or America or anything....there is really nothing behind the professionally crafted words. (He has a half century of experience in his resume' as a master con man.)  And if there is nothing there....then there is plenty of space to be filled by something. That's one concern.
                Another would be that after having studied 'Christian cults' for many years....even putting personal ads in the newspaper to meet with anyone interested....and therefore being familiar with a typical charismatic leader that is able to lead otherwise intelligent people into disaster....I've never witnessed personal magnetism in the form of outright lies as I have in Donald Trump....at least not to the extent of the number of followers.
                I've never seen or read about anything in America quite like the total allegiance to a hero....no matter how much evidence to the contrary may be out there.....than that is happening today with Donald Trump. I've seen it in the history of a number of other countries....but not here. Rush Limbaugh is a total convert....as are many others. Fox network executives are totally under his spell....with their best reporters becoming a discouraged smaller minority all the time. Do we even remember let alone have any concern for the comment that Donald Trump once made where he could shoot someone right on Fifth Avenue and would not lose his supporters? Don't you think that this might have been a clue?
                My hope remains that if it be God's will that He might humble Donald Trump as Nebuchadnezzar was humbled by madness....but Beltashazzar is the more likely role model....and I'm not even sure that Donald Trump would be concerned about fingers writing on a wall....as he'd probably just call them a hoax.