There is hardly ever a day where I am not doing some kind of research on the Internet. It is 8 AM as I type.....and I haven't even had a sip of coffee yet....and I was already Googling Robert Kennedy's book....The Enemy Within....to see the exact year it was published. It was 1960. I woke up with that book on my mind....most likely because last night I had finished a biography on Roy Cohn....the mentor of a young Donald Trump....and an archenemy of RFK....for as an early teenager....maybe 14 years old....I remember walking into the Turtle Creek library....a few miles outside of Pittsburgh....where I was staying with family for the summer....and borrowing that book....and reading it! Strange....for I wasn't a reader at that age....but I picked out this intense book on corruption inside America? It was probably because I already had a fascination for JFK....and his brother RFK....this because I was a Catholic youth....and they were my heroes.
I use Wikipedia often. It's very easy and simple....as you ask it a question about a date or names or any kind of fact at all....and if the topic is in Wikipedia....you can get your answer....and Google was much the same way....only Google would direct you to where you could find an answer.
Well that has changed with AI. On occasion it has seemed to know what I was going to ask....before I complete my sentence! It might correct me....and ask if I'm sure that I didn't mean this....or didn't mean that. It can be like Dorothy sitting before the Wizard of Oz....where the entity behind the curtain and the machine winds up giving wisdom....instead of an actual heart or a brain. Right now....MAGA....or much of MAGA....is defending AI. They are like the winged monkeys sent out by the Wicked Witch.
Will AI eventually kill humans? This much is sure....AI will definitely kill the jobs of humans. So there are legitimate concerns....some of them great concerns....some of them existential concerns....but then....AI will make money for the rich....so case closed. This is all a hoax!
In Oz there was a man behind the curtain....behind the machine so to speak. With AI....we still have a machine....and there may be a man behind it....coding and directing. it....data in....data out....but that is changing rapidly. The man is being taken out of the equation. There is enough data for the machine to 'think' on its own....and that is indeed potentially a great problem....but there is something more....something much more sinister that most people do not even believe in.
In the New Testament there were demons everywhere. Jesus and His disciples were casting them out all over the place. So where are these demons today? Where have they been for the past two-thousand years? Well they have always been there....but it does seem that just as this realm was stirred up to great agitation when Jesus first came into the world....that they are being stirred up again as Jesus nears in His triumphant return.
How does this relate to AI? This much seems certain....AI will be part of the end-times deception. I think that Christians that know their Bible....and have read diligently in God's Word warning of various things that will take place....recognize....easily recognize....that AI must be part of all of this!
So will AI....or the lack of the United States becoming the primary developer of it....would that have a disastrous effect on the economy....and the national defense....considering how China and others are going full-steam in this? Even if the answer to this might be in the affirmative....I pose this question to the Christian....compare it to Satan himself behind that machine....behind AI?
Note: The title here is a phrase that was coined in 1949 by Gilbert Ryle as he contested the supposition of Descartes that the mind and the body were separate entities. There has been a book and a film with the same title.