Note: Update at the bottom of this post.
Jonathan Cahn's newest book....The Altar of Pergamon....The Mystery of the Dark Angel & the Future of the World....was released today. I was at Barnes & Noble early....and finished the book a little bit ago....and here is the review. On a release like this....where the book is going to be a best-seller.....they should have had a small table up front for the stacks of books....but they didn't.....not only that....but the books were not in the general Christian books section. I had to ask where they were....and indeed there they were....in with the novels? Now....technically....it is a novel.....that's the way that Jonathan Cahn has done some of his books....but this is a prophecy book. I mentioned it nicely to one of the employees....and was told that I would have to appeal to the corporate headquarters? I just thought I would help....for a lot of people are going to be going up to them....and asking them where the book is. (there is an update on this at the bottom)
So....Jonathan Cahn's latest.....The Altar of Pergamon? I highlighted throughout the entire book....all the pertinent information that Cahn gives....historical facts....and prophetic implications....would fill a forty or fifty page pamphlet....thus it was published in novel form....to make a book out of it....the storyline of which did not interest me.
Rabbi Cahn's many bestsellers went downhill fast after this 2011 blockbuster bestseller....The Harbinger....The Ancient Mystery that Holds the Secret of America's Future. Fortunately in this his newest book....it lacked the nonsensical speculation such as Donald Trump being another Jehu.
The book is a rather straightforward historical/philosophical/political journey of Hegel's and Hitler's Germany....and Marx's communism....and Lenin's Bolshevism....and Stalin's Soviet Union....right up to the present European Union....all as it relates to the actual Altar of Pergamon....discovered in Turkey....and moved piecemeal to Germany....the prophetic theory being that wherever this....Satan's Throne goes.....evil and disaster follow.
Well....that is his opinion....but the reason that I recommend the book....is that we could use the history of the development of Bolshevism....and Nazi Germany....to possibly see what has happened to the Left in our country over the past thirty-five years....and where we are heading right now under Trump....whose methods are so similar to that of National Socialism....particularly through purging....which is also threatening others who may not totally toe the line....and controlling the media.
Really.....other than a lot of....connect-the-dots....there wasn't a whole lot of discovery in the book. I've posted a few years ago....just about the same sequence of events from Hitler's Germany.....(most recent post....July 18...."Hitler 1919 to 1939)...and Lenin's Russia....and I posted years ago on the strange similarity of the convention stage that Barack Obama accepted his first nomination....to the actual Altar of Pergamon that is today in a museum in Germany.
Jonathan Cahn does have a fair amount of research that I had never heard before....so I recommend the book....with the caveat not to run wild with the author's speculation.
Update....Did you read or hear in the news about an American Airlines flight from Texas to New Jersey that had to make an emergency landing in Baltimore? The man who caused the trouble had been duct taped to his seat. I read the story and saw the picture of the duct taped man. Well....it was two days after The Altar of Pergamum had just come out....and Jonathan Cahn was on that flight....returning from a speaking engagement on his new book....and....are you ready for this....he was the man sitting next to the man who caused the disturbance! In fact....he was the reason for it....or as he describes it....his book....The Altar of Pergamum....was the reason the plane had to make that emergency landing. You can Google his forty-minute description of what went on.....but to summarize here....the two men were having a congenial talk....two hours into the flight....when the topic turned to the gospel. The man had no interest....a typical response today....but Cahn had his computer open on his lap....and when the man saw the graphic of the new book cover....the altar of Pergamum....he changed....first just angry shouts....and then it became violent....so much so that passengers and flight attendants had to duct tape him in his seat....and the pilot requested an emergency landing airport.
Update on the Barnes & Noble episode....so tonight I was in a different B&N....and picked up a new biography on Trump's old lawyer....Roy Cohn....(Trump quote from his first term...."Where's my Roy Cohn?")....and to this employee I mentioned the episode in another B&N about the Jonathan Cahn book being shelved in the wrong place....and he told me that the first day someone asked him for the book....and he immediately went over to the 'Christian' section.....and it took him 30 minutes to find it in with the novels! He immediately.....on his own....took most of the books over to the regular Christian section where they should be!