My wife and I have been in the habit over the past six years of going to Southern Gospel concerts.....groups such as the Booth Brothers and the Isaacs. A few days ago it was Triumphant. This was a smaller setting....a church maybe twenty miles from our home. We had visited this church....oh....twenty years ago at least.....and it was for a Christian concert....Steve Camp if you remember this popular Christian singer from the 80s and 90s?
We had also attended worship services there a few weeks....and I have always had a good feeling about the church. More recently the congregation went for quite some time without a pastor. We have friends who are members and whose son was on the search committee....so we had heard that a new pastor had been installed. I saw him the evening of the concert. When we returned home.....I looked up his bio....and was in for a shock....for he and his wife enjoy the outdoors.....and history....and reading the Puritans....and listening to Martyn Lloyd-Jones sermons!
Folks....if you are at all familiar with these posts of mine....I am always recommending....and even pleading with people to listen to older sermons from.....as I always put it....'preachers from the past....(men like Spurgeon and Lloyd-Jones)....and preachers today who preach like preachers of the past!
Well....their first service is two hours earlier than our service....so I streamed it. This young man....I'm guessing he is about 33 years old....is a graduate of John MacArthur's....The Master's Seminary....and the sermon was rather wonderful....as I could see John MacArthur's mind working there.