Monday, September 21, 2026

Ho-Hum

               From what I have read on the reasons for the collapse of the towers on 9/11....the extreme heat from the fire deep down into the elevator shafts......weakened the support beams....causing them to bend....and the top floor eventually collapsed onto the floor below....adding to the weight....which caused the domino effect all the way to the bottom of the towers. I imagine a lot of people did this....over the 25th anniversary of the attacks....looking back at documentaries? What surprised me a little bit was that it seemed to affect me more than it ever had before....possibly more than when it happened....but shock may have numbed the senses at the time. There was one movie/documentary....I believe that it was called....World Trade Center....Flight 11....that focused on the restaurant at the top of the North Tower of the World Trade Center....Windows on the World....and the people working that day....and then focused also on the firefighters walking....up....up....in an attempt to help others....and also on the possibly hundreds of people who had no choice but to jump. Twenty-five years later and it is still difficult to think about that day.
             I begin with the above paragraph....for a reason apart from 9/11....rather....the bending of the support beams of our country....that may result in the same domino effect.... for as I look at America today....I see support beams that are bent so far from the heat of the sacrificial fires on our altars to foreign gods....that I have to wonder what is keeping that top floor from starting the domino effect?
             Every single 'beam' is seriously weakened....and bending out of shape....as our federal government is in total disarray....with the political side ethically corrupt....and as the First Amendment is under attack....and our legal system ineffective against the financial resources of billionaires....and as our churches remain oddly detached....as if the gospel has nothing to do with false prophets and greed and vengeance and power-mongering....and as hatred of Israel is raging....along with racism....and you can hardly turn on the television or the computer without some fantastical commercials on how you no longer have to go to Las Vegas....but you can just sit in your seat and gamble your life savings away.
             Russia attacking Europe....ho-hum....China attacking Taiwan.....ho-hum....Israel all alone in the world....an asteroid heading right for us discovered at the very last minute....AI going berserk....another pandemic....this time with no one brave enough or knowledgeable enough to shut down the spread of it....a civil war in England....or Germany....or here in America....all of it and much more....ho-hum!
             Folks....we were given sixty-six books in God's Word. There is no way to know exactly but it might be safe to say that a quarter of God's Word to us relates to telling us what will happen....and what to look for before and during the Second Coming. It is just sitting there....waiting for us to....tolle lege....'take up and read
'....but this is 2026....and we are not interested in 'doomsaying'....as we see it....but we want our own prophets tickling our ears.
             Right now I cannot think of anything worse in Bible reading....than following one of those....read the Bible in a year schedules. There may have been a time in the past when these things served a purpose....but not today! I cannot think of a worse plan for preaching than be limited from hearing from the Holy Spirit by spending multiple months at a time on one book....let alone six months to a year. Once again there may have been a time and a place for this....but not today! 
              Pastors....what does Jesus want you to preach to His flock this coming Lord's Day? I believe that it would be a trumpet call....call an assembly....consecrate a fast....for enemies are right now ascending ladders on our bulwarks. What are we to be reading....every day....throughout every day....as often as we can? I believe that it is where the Holy Spirit would lead us....as we ask of Him directions....plead with him for wisdom....and not something like....'chapter 15 through 33'....on whatever that read the Bible in a year might give for that day!
              Jesus gave the people of Jerusalem a prophecy that their generation would see every stone of the temple and the temple mount be torn down. We today essentially had been given that same warning! We need our pulpits at this time. We need these men to say...'take my pulpit away....my position....I will not sit back and watch....I will defend the gospel....and my sheepfold as long as their is breath in me....for that is my calling!"